Come September, getting admission to Ukrainian universities and student visas is going to be a lot easier for foreign students. With the launch of a new e-platform, the various steps relating to studying in Ukraine will be simplified and streamlined.
The government of Ukraine has evaluated the present admission procedures that involve many departments, which are in silos. So, a digital transformation process is currently on to automate the individual departmental functions and integrate them together to form an unified, transparent, and automatic procedure for overseas students.
Under the new system, the students will be required to upload all the relevant documents only once. The system will send all data to universities, the SBU, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and the Ukrainian State Border Guard Service, removing the need to send the documents separately.
If the application is considered, the “invitation to study” will be made available to the international student online by the country of origin. All the concerned departments will also check the invitation online. This will not only help the students keep track of the various stages themselves but will reduce the role of the intermediaries significantly.
Over 76000 foreign students are currently studying in Ukraine, and a large number of them, nearly 18500 are Indian students.
Advantages of studying in Ukraine
For centuries Ukraine was well-known as a center for medical and engineering education and research, which was further bolstered when it entered the Bologna process in 2005 to join the European higher education system.
This was accomplished through the implementation of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS), the three-cycle study system, the European Higher Education Area’s Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance (ESG), and the National Qualification Framework (NQF).
Ukraine joined the highly competitive European higher education system, which is noted for its coherence, inclusion, and accessibility, as a result of these conformities and changes. The following are some of the major advantages of the European higher education system:
- The students can move between the EHEA member countries easily due to any personal reasons or employment opportunity, etc. and continue with their studies without losing the academic year.
- Every member country of the EHEA must ensure high quality education so that the international students, graduates, and other stakeholders can rest assured that the education they received is of the highest standard and recognized all over the world.
- Bilateral student exchange programmes – Programs that allow exchange of students between a university in Ukraine with partner universities or institutions inside or outside the European Union.
- Summer job training opportunities – Internship opportunities in foreign countries for local and international students.
- Opportunities to participate in seminars – Students can participate in seminars/symposia/project works in the countries inside or outside the European Union.
- Chances of obtaining citizenship in a foreign nation – A satisfying medical profession can be pursued in any country, with the added benefit of increased chances of settling in that country.
Apart from the above there are some other advantages of studying in Ukraine that attract a large number of international students. They are:
- No admission exam is required – There is no need to take the entrance exam. Students must have completed a minimum of 10+2 with a minimum of 50% in the PCB combo. The maximum age for entrance is 24 years.
- English medium instruction – This is especially helpful for the Indians and many other foreign students
- Low fee structure – Fees are lower because there is no capitation fees, and most medical universities have a low cost of study thanks to the Ukraine government’s large subsidy.
- Emphasize on practical classes – Internationally certified courses taught in English with a significant amount of practical experience.
European Education Consultancy(EEC) can help you with admission, visa process & getting a letter of invitation from the top universities of your choice in Ukraine. If you don’t know the admission process, visa process, or education eligibility for Studying in Ukraine, just get in touch with us and we will guide you with all the details. Please fill up the form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.