An essential part of the whole process of ‘Studying in Ukraine’ for Indian students is obtaining the ‘Ukraine student visa.’ This is a non-immigrant visa issued by the embassy of Ukraine in India that allows Indian students to pursue their education in Ukraine. You must receive your student visa before you travel to Ukraine. This article will provide you with complete guidance on Ukraine student visa requirements for the Indian students in an easily understandable manner.
Let’s start with this obvious question that comes to your mind in the very beginning –
How can I get a Ukraine student visa?
You need to apply for a student visa to the Ukrainian embassy, but before that you must receive the ‘Invitation to Study’ from the Ukrainian university you have applied to for your higher study. The original letter of the ‘Invitation to Study’, which confirms your admittance to your chosen university, must be submitted within 180 days from the date of issuance.
How to apply for a student visa for Ukraine?
- Applying to your chosen university by filling an online form available on the respective website.
- Providing scanned copies of the below documents:
- Copy of your valid passport
- Copy of school and college leaving certificates (up to the most recent educational achievement)
- Copy of personal data application form downloaded, filled, and signed by you. This form is established by the Ukrainian Ministry of Education & Science and is mandatory for all applicants.
- Making online payment for ‘Invitation to Study letter’, which includes charges for Invitation letter, Visa confirmation, and express courier service.
Step 1. Visa Application
- International Passport (expiry date must be at least 12 months after the end of visa validity and with at least 3 blank pages). You need to send a photocopy of the 1st page of your passport.
- Printout of the duly filled Visa application form.
- 10 recent color pictures against the white background (30x40mm).
- Original ‘Invitation to Study’ and its photocopy.
- Original birth certificate and a photocopy legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Govt. Of India.
- Original of school or college (or both) leaving certificates with mark sheets and their copies legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Photocopies of PAN card, Aadhar card.
- Medical certificate of general fitness legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Govt. of India (medical certificate should not be older than 2 months from the official starting date of the study process).
- Recent bank statements of yours/ your parents/ your sponsor for the past six months (should be a personal account and not a company account) with a minimum amount should be sufficient to cover all your expenses during your first year in Ukraine (tuition fees and daily expenses).
- Original of the sponsorship letter (if applicable) in a form of a court affidavit, which must include a full name of a sponsor, his/her address, landline, and mobile telephone number, e-mail (if any), and obligation of a sponsor to cover your expenses.
- Photocopy of sponsor’s ID/passport.
- The insurance policy is valid for the period of stay in Ukraine and is a photocopy.
Plan your travel and submit all documents in advance.
Register through the online system for visa interview (only via the official website of the respective Ukrainian embassy www.visa.mfa.gov.ua)
Step 2. Preparation for Visa Interview
After the submission of the documents, you’ll have to appear for the consular’s interview. This is a very important step in the process of obtaining a student visa. You should have full clarity about the documents you have submitted, your intention of going to Ukraine, the course, and the university you have chosen to pursue your study in Ukraine.
Possible Consular’s Questions
What do you want to study in Ukraine?
What is the name of the university you are to join?
Which cities do you intend to visit in Ukraine?
Where is your university located in Ukraine?
What is the address of your university?
Who has invited you to study in Ukraine? Or Who is your admission consultant?
How long do you plan to stay in Ukraine or What is the duration of your course in Ukraine?
Are you going to work in Ukraine while studying?
Who is going to finance your studies in Ukraine?
Why did you choose this university specifically?
Are you going to stay in Ukraine after the completion of your studies?
Are you going to Ukraine with your complete tuition fee, accommodation fee, and personal keep-up money?
Are you taking all your original documents to University with you?
Are you going to continue your studies in Ukraine onward?
Step 3. Receiving Visa
Step 4. Preparing for travel to Ukraine
- Flight Number
- Flight Departure Time
- Flight Arrival Time
- VISA Details
- Passport number
You’ll be received and escorted to the university from the airport.
European Education Consultancy(EEC) can help you with admission, visa process & getting a letter of invitation from the top universities of your choice in Ukraine. If you don’t know the admission process, visa process or education eligibility for Studying in Ukraine, then just get in touch with us and we will guide you with all the details. Please fill up the form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.