The Karazin University or officially known as V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University was built in November 1804. It is the second oldest university in Ukraine after the University of Lviv. It is widely recognized and associated with not only the first Ukrainian newspapers and journals but also the first scientific societies.
Kharkiv University is unique in the sense that it is the only university in Ukraine that has trained and employed three Nobel Prize laureates:
The biologist: I. Mechnikov
The economist: S. Kuznets
The physicist: L. Landau.
- General Medicine Faculty (English/Russian Medium)
- Nuclear Physics (English/Russian Medium)
- Applied Economics (English/Russian Medium)
- Post Graduate Faculty
- Preparatory Department
Life at KNU
The University is not only about studying but also about bright student life. Karazin University holds a lot of interesting events, both enjoyable and useful, direct participation in which is a good way to adapt to the student environment, make friends, and show yourself. Another bright event after the First-Year Student Week is the Alma Mater Contest. It not only helps students better know one another, but also reveal their musical, dancing, and other artistic talents.
The University holds four beauty pageants: Mr. University, Miss University, Miss Trade Union, Mr. Trade Union. Karazinites enjoy celebrating. That is why women may receive a theatrical performance as a present for March 8 or St. Valentine’s Day; those in love can test their feelings by participating in a staged marriage ceremony at the University: the newlyweds can borrow wedding clothing and rings, and receive symbolic marriage certificates. Student’s Day, Schools’ Days, and other holidays are accompanied by various events, contests, performances. The Student Council is actively involved in students’ leisure organization.
Hostels are provided with:
- Free 24 hrs. gas, electricity, hot & cold water and phone.
- Rooms are centrally heated.
- Furniture and bedding in rooms are provided by the hostel.
- Reading rooms and a gym are also available in every hostel.
- Hostels are provided with full security.
- Student Cafeteria.
- Hostels are surrounded by a green belt with outdoor sports activities like basketball, volleyball, football, etc.
- Age limits for admission – 17 years to 25 years.
- Students must complete 10+2 (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) from a regular board of India or abroad.
- Students that studied under open board or correspondence classes are not eligible.
- Minimum 50% combined aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- NEET qualification (with a 50% score for the general un-reserved category) is a must if the student intends to practice in India after the MBBS study in Ukraine.