The university is young but has acquired a well-deserved reputation in the scientific world. The university was among the top 20 universities that received large government funding for scientific research, approx. 19 million 479 thousand 965 UAH of the government funds for basic and applied research in 2017-2019. It celebrated its 74th anniversary on the 21st of Oct 2019.
Life at UZhNU
An integral part of UzhNU is the campus, which includes 6 dormitories to accommodate national and international students. There are two student clinics, student shops, cafes, and a playground.
There are libraries, reading rooms with free Wi-Fi internet, Web-based learning resources, interactive classrooms, and lecture capture.
For leisure, the student dormitories are equipped with modern gym and sports facilities.
The biggest challenge faced by the foreign students coming to Ukraine for higher studies is to find a safe and homely accommodation at an affordable cost. At the Uzhhorod National University, we are fully aware of students’ requirements because we realize that it’s very important for the students to find a balance between the educational priorities and other needs.
Uzhhorod national medical university is well designed and has an advanced infrastructure that provides students with enriching experiences in the college. Staying at the campus accommodations helps them with better access to programs and services to do well academically apart from having enjoyment from sports and other activities, lasting friendships, etc. at affordable prices.
All of the University and the routes from the hostels to the educational buildings are well-protected and actively patrolled (day & night) by the officers of guard service.
Five student hostels on our campus are having very good facilities and infrastructure. Apart from that, there are private apartment options available near the campus. These factors are the reasons why the accommodation facilities in UZNU were voted as the “Best in Ukraine” by Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey in 2012 and the “Best Student Housing” in 2013 at the College and University Business Officers (CUBO) awards. Some of the key features of our hostel facilities are:
- Fully furnished rooms.
- Different options for rooms to match the budget and choice of the foreign students.
- Excellent study environment and nearby amusement centers.
- Total 5 hostels with a capacity of 2500 students spread over the area of 28431 sq. meters.
- Internet (Wi-Fi & Broadband) facility in every room.
- All hostel rooms vary in size and amenities. Dormitory rooms at the hostels are well furnished and can easily accommodate 2-3 students.
- All rooms are equipped with beds, mattresses, pillows, blankets, desks, chairs, cupboards, heating water systems, and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation.
- Every section has its kitchen & washrooms
- Close coordination between the deans and other officers to keep discipline in the hostels and ensure good behavior from the students.
- The campus has medical clinics, shops, cafes, and playgrounds inside it.
- A satisfactory health report is a must before allotment of accommodation on the campus.
- Age limits for admission – 17 years to 25 years.
- Students must complete 10 + 2 (physics, Chemistry & Biology) from a regular board of India or abroad.
- Students that studied under open board or correspondence classes are not eligible.
- Minimum 50% combined aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- NEET qualification (with a 50% score for the general un-reserved category) is a must if the student intends to practice in India after the MBBS study in Ukraine.