The National University of Pharmacy (NUPh) was founded in 1805 as a pharmaceutical department of Kharkiv Emperor University. In 1812, primarily based on the University’s chemical laboratory, the new pharmaceutical laboratory was opened. Thus college students and those who have been preparing for examinations to get a pharmaceutical degree had an opportunity to obtain training in pharmacy, pharmacognosy, forensic medicine analysis, and physiological chemistry.
- 1812 – the first pharmaceutical laboratory was organized in the Kharkiv Emperor University.
- 1921 – Kharkiv Pharmaceutical Institute was structured under the “unification of pharmaceutical education” program
- 1992 – Establishment of Ukrainian Academy of Pharmacy from Kharkiv Pharmaceutical Institute
- 1999 – obtained the status of the Ukrainian National Academy of Pharmacy
- 2002 – Reorganization of the Ukrainian National Academy of Pharmacy to “The National University of Pharmacy