National Aviation University (nau)
National Aviation University (NAU) is considered one of the most powerful aviation-related higher educational facilities in the world, It has the highest educational accreditation level (IV).
The university was founded in the year 1933 as the “Kyiv Aviation Institute”, making it one of the oldest universities in Ukraine.
Due to the national and international recognition of the significant contribution to the field of aviation, and by the Decree of the President of Ukraine, the national status was granted to the University in September 2000.
Today the university includes five institutes, ten faculties, the Department of Military Training, six colleges, two lyceums, and Flight Academy in Kropyvnytskyi.
The Pearl of the University is one of the largest aviation training hangars in Europe The NAU Diploma has been and remains the hallmark of quality and professional excellence and is recognized in many countries.
During years of its existence, the University has trained thousands of specialists from a hundred and sixty countries and continues to provide training in promising areas.
Life at NAU
HEALTH AND INSURANCE
Medical care at the University is carried out in the Medical Center of NAU, which is located on the campus. As well as state and municipal health care of Kyiv.
Students of the National Aviation University live multifaceted, creative lives: they earn professional knowledge and skills, learn to work and communicate, enrich spiritually, promote personal cultural level. The University has a great tradition worked out, which is a complete system of work with students in extracurricular time.
The mission of the Student Government of NAU is to provide students with representation, services, and advocacy within the university structure. The Student Government provides quality leadership, and accountability to its constituency by recognizing that strength arises from diversity, engagement, and dialogue.
Union of Student Organizations (USO) – is a voluntary association of student organizations of the National Aviation University. USO is the student government at the National Aviation University.
The main purpose is to manage and coordinate students’ organizations of the university and to increase the activity of the student movement, initiative, and responsibility.
USO Primary concerns:
- Coordination of all student organizations of the National Aviation University
- Advance the interaction and mutual help of these organizations
- Improve communication and mutual relations between the administration and student organizations of the National Aviation University
- Elevation of the corporate culture at the University
- Preparation and implementation of measures, aimed at resolving socio-economic, cultural, legal, and other problems of students at the National Aviation University
- Informing and advising student organizations on issues that are within the competence of USO
- Creation of various student groups, scientific societies, art groups, centers, interest clubs
- Promotion of student government at the National Aviation University and improving its authority among other universities in Ukraine and abroad
USO in its activity supports student organizations of the National Aviation University in the implementation of the following activities :
- Informs about the decisions of the university administration, Academic and Administrative Councils, etc
- Organizes the work of the executive body of the student government of the university
- Coordinates work planning and long-term development of each organization
- Provides explanatory work and protects student rights
- Supports external affairs with public and student organizations, institutions, cultural and educational centers
- Organizes and conducts conferences, symposia, seminars, etc.
- Age limits for admission – 17 years to 25 years.
- Students must complete 10+2 (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) from a regular board of India or abroad.
- Students that studied under open board or correspondence classes are not eligible.
- Minimum 50% combined aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- NEET qualification (with a 50% score for the general un-reserved category) is a must if the student intends to practice in India after the MBBS study in Ukraine.